Tuesday 9 August 2022

Headhunted - twice!

I haven't written anything for anybody else for years and years, but then, lo and behold, within a couple of days no less than two different publishers in two different countries asked me if I would like to write for them! I said yes to both. 

One is the Danish comic book fanzine Nørd Nyt. It's a zine that has been going for a very long time. I wrote a piece on them in my first issue of STAY SICK! That was 22 years ago, so yeah they've been at it for a while! 

I recently wrote a review of a comic book that I had planned for the upcoming issue of STAY SICK! (yes, there's finally a new issue on its way but its not due for another three months or so). So I figured I might as well shoot it off in their direction instead. They've already asked for more, so I assume they liked it. Actually, they said they loved it. And they were surprised I had actually bothered to poof read it (yes, that was a joke). I guess not a whole lot of their writers do that. 

The other publisher is a film label in the US called Unearthed Films. I commented on somebody else's (terrible) review of a film that Unearthed Films have recently released. They asked if I was a reviewer. I explained (obviously in excruciating detail) my zine background, after which they sent me a screener of the film. Noice! 

Incidentally, the film in question is from the same country and from the same genre as the films I wrote about in my very first published reviews almost 30 years ago! Those reviews were published in an issue of Bloody Darlings zine in 1993. I won't reveal the titles until the reviews are being published. More about everything at a later stage. 


No comments: